Is in English
Is Web based
But it is just the pilot
We want to launch it as an Annual National Competition
And this is where we Your Help
During the next year(s) we will be:
- Translating foreign information sources on Democracy and Governance into Arabic.
- Researching successful civic education teaching techniques and “Egyptianizing” them (i.e. making sure that they are relevant and interesting)
- Training teachers and assistants on the topics.
- Rolling out the competition (in Arabic) across 9 governorates targeting around 3 million Egyptian students.
- Conducting summer camps during which we teach the children and teen-agers to “interact” democratically.
Lobbying the government to introduce a well researched civic education program into the school system starting from kindergarten and up to high school.
As u can see there is a lot of work to be done, and as usual no money and no resources to do it. So if u are really really serious about pledging your support please CLICK here and tell us a little about yourself:
What kind of hours u can spare per week?
What type of work would feel comfortable in doing?
Just send us this email and we will contact you to arrange for a meeting or a conference call with the project managers; who will agree on the details with you.
DON’T lose that enthusiasm…. We need it, You need it, and Egypt needs it.
Send that email NOW.
To know more about it KiDmocracy2007.
If Civic Education doesn’t do it for you how about Fighting Corruption?
Despite the fact that the Government signed and ratified the U.N. Convention against Corruption, the protections guaranteed by the Convention do not have the force of law in because it was not published in the Egyptian Journals.
We can NOT allow this to continue we MUST make them publish the treaty
So this is how you can help:
1. Join in our call asking the government to publish the UN Convention so that it becomes an applicable law. To sign the petition
2 Support and motivate all the citizens, reporters and web activists who reported and uncovered corruption cases during 2005 & 2006. To vote in our annual competition .
3 Report Corruption. We all know stories of corruption but the most important thing is the documentation without it we can not build a credible case in the media or the courts. If you have any information or documents that prove a case of corruption; please send us the details To
Report a “substantiated” case of corruption
4. Promote the concept of standing up and fighting corruption. Talk to your friends and colleagues and urge them to take a pro-active stand. Corruption can only exist if we are apathetic. To download visuals(posters, screensavers etc.)
Maybe You don’t want to be involved in either of these projects
Don’t let that stop you from helping…Add to our scope of activities:
We urge you snap out of the Apathy….Do Something…Do Anything
We are the outcome of the concerns and the ideas of our members. All our activities are prioritized to realize change in the aspects they believe are critical to the creation of a better future. We are always looking for causes to support: whether it is the fight for a fair and independent Judiciary; ensuring equal rights for minorities; exposing corruption; upgrading the educational platform etc… If you have an idea that you believe should be one of our priorities please communicate it we promise you to put it to vote and if the membership base agrees on its priority we will immediately form a task force to work on it. To suggest an activity